Monday, March 30, 2009

My Neighbor

May I introduce my fine neighbor, Chris. Chris is a wild man, tends to border on crazy and has great lunatic abilities.

The picture of Chris and I was taken next to our family tree. Our family tree consists of slabs of pine beetle wood. Each grandkid wrote their name, outlined their handprint. The wood is from our land, it is pinebeetle wood. You can see from the picture the outline of blue where the beetle infested. ah, not to worry folks in the USA, the pine beetle will be gracing and flocking in to your territory, it is a gift from Canada.

I was speaking with Chris early this morning, he was going hunting - moose hunting. I told him this is not hunting season - he wailed up on me - 'I am a status indian, I can hunt anytime I want'. Okay, friend - go for it. He replies to me, I have a box of beer, enough pot for the day, and a loaded gun. I am thankful he is hunting up the mountain.

Do not get me wrong here, Chris has good qualities when he is not potted, medicated, or brown bottled up. When Gary was hospitalized he came to see if I was ok - everyday. I did appreciate that very much.

My noisemaker - well, he has left for the hospital/doctor appointment. His blood pressure this morning was, once again, in stroke range. 202/116. It is very frustrating for him to see the numbers rising. I know with the events of the day, it is not going to go down. All you can do is, hope for the best, expect the worse, and then find some true medium - like the pencil F2 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

John Prine Drawing

John Prine as drawn by my great nephew, Brayden. Ain't it cool.  Talented young man he is, 14 years old, and loves to draw. B...